Don’t let the holidays leave you feeling more stuffed than a Thanksgiving turkey. Let BodyRich help you stay pre-holiday fit or help you look your best for those holiday parties to come.
Personal Training Sessions starting at $35 for 30 minutes – Call or Email today to set up a free consultation (678) 417-0880 / firstname.lastname@example.org
TURKEY ENCHILADAS WITH CRANBERRY CHIPOTLE SAUCE
8 – whole wheat (or other) enchilada tortillas
2 to 2½ cups shredded cooked/leftover turkey (white and or dark meat)
1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese (divided into ¾ cup and ¼ cup)
½ cup fat free sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
Small can chopped green chilies,
3 whole green onions chopped finely
¼ cup snipped fresh cilantro
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together turkey, ¾ cup of the cheese, small can chopped green chilies, green onions, ½ cup sour cream/yogurt, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of *Cranberry Chipotle Sauce (recipe below) onto tortillas then spoon about 2/3 cup filling on each tortilla.
- Roll the tortillas around filling and place seam sides down into the prepared dish
- Spoon remaining cranberry sauce evenly over filled tortillas.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 – 30 (or until thoroughly heated)
- Remove from oven and uncover; top with remaining ¼ cup of cheese
- Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
*CRANBERRY CHIPOTLE SAUCE:
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (pureed with ¼ cup water) OR ½ – ¾ cup congealed Cranberry sauce – place in saucepan until heated thoroughly (or cranberry sauce is melted) ADD THE FOLLOWING:
1 small can chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 medium minced garlic cloves
5 teaspoons red chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons garlic powder
6 ounces tomato paste
2 1/4 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
Heat and mix thoroughly