Check out this article from “Men’s Health Magazine” talking about the benefits of eating eggs as a great source of protein. http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/foods_that_build_muscle/Eggs_The_Perfect_Protein.php
Also, here is a quick and healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner recipe as well:
Vegetable and Cheese Frittata
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 whole eggs plus
- 6 egg whites
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium. Add spinach, diced tomatoes, and garlic. Sauté for 4 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites. Stir in spinach mixture and cheese; season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the same pan. Add egg mixture, reduce heat to low, and shake pan to level ingredients. Place pan in oven; bake for 10 minutes, until eggs are just set. Turn oven to broil; place pan on rack under broiler for 2 minutes, until just browned. Remove from heat, slice into four pieces, and serve with sliced tomatoes and pepper.