With swimsuit season here already and summer just a few weeks away, many of us are wondering what we can do to keep our bellies (aka abs) looking their best. Here are a few tips that are great for not just summer but any time of the year.
Top “flat belly” foods:
- Almonds – block calories and reduces the absorption of fat
- Eggs – high protein keeps you full
- Edamame (soybeans) – high protein (even more than tofu)
- Apples/Pears – fiber and water keeps you full and also hydrated
- Berries – helps improve blood flow and muscles contract more efficiently
- Leafy greens (kale, spinach, broccoli, arugula) – fuels workouts and contains calcium
- Yogurt – helps digestion and bloating
- Veggie soup – good way to get daily veggies and keeps you full
- Salmon – Omega 3 fats boost metabolism
- Quinoa – helps burn fat
Also, if you really want to boost that lean and flat belly, check out this “30 Day Plank Challenge” as well.
Of course there is no way to really spot reduce any part of your body but eating a good variety of the healthy ab friendly foods and exercising is a good way to be overall healthy, tone and have a healthy and happy summer.
Certified Fitness Trainer & Fitness Nutritionist