In part two of our three part Corporate Wellness Program blog we are recognizing 5 of the top Fortune 500 companies who have not only implemented an Employee Wellness Program but have shown positive results.
- Google. They are known for taking care of their employees and they have gone as far as to have onsite nurses and doctors. Their goal is offering a work/life balance.
- American Express. Their wellness program was implemented in hopes of educating their employees about disease and injury prevention.
- Johnson and Johnson. Employees showed 58% weight loss and 42% quit smoking – now those results and speak for themselves.
- Hewlett Packard. 54,000 employees are signed up for their wellness program already and the numbers are growing annually as the company grows.
- IBM. Their main objective for starting their wellness program was also disease prevention and awareness. Like Google, they pride themselves as being a work/life balance employer as well.
In 2013, 73% of the “Top 100 Companies to Work For” provided or subsidized fitness programs for their employees. Best of all, the return-on-investment (ROI) for corporate wellness programs have been well documented over the past two decades. Corporate wellness programs have shown savings-to-cost ratios of $3+ saved for each $1 invested. Documented savings are observed in medical costs, absenteeism, worker’s compensation costs, short-term disability, and increased how productive the employee is during time on the job.
Corporate Wellness Programs not only uses targeted interventions to reduce health costs, but it is also a strategy to create a positive and energetic work environment. Corporate Wellness Programs are a worthwhile long-term strategy to improving the health and well-being of your employees. Not to mention less employee turnover.
However, you do not have to be a huge Fortune 500 Company to benefit from a Corporate Wellness Program – whether you have 5 or 50,000 employees, we can customize a plan that will meet your company needs. If you are a business owner or work for a business that you would like to see implement a wellness program, feel free to contact us at 678-417-0880 ext. 8301 / email@example.com
Personal Trainer & Fitness Nutritionist
Atlanta Personal Fitness – a Bodyrich Company