Know someone who may be interested in a personal trainer? Do you like free stuff? Well, for a limited time*, we are offering one of our great looking, gender specific, Atlanta Personal Fitness t-shirts to anyone who refers a client that comes in for a free consultation. In addition to the t-shirt, if the client you refer ends up purchasing a personal training package, you will also get 1 free, 30 minute one-on-one personal training session as well.
Bodyrich is celebrating our 16th year here in Duluth at our Satellite Blvd. location. Come check us out and as always, we offer a free consultation and mini workout for first time clients. Contact us at 678-417-0880 ext 8301 or email@example.com
“Gwinnett Chamber – 16 year member”
*t-shirts while supplies last
Though the thermometer isn’t quite showing it yet, there is an ever so slight feel of coolness in the air that is reminding us that Fall is just around the corner. With the cooler weather approaching, what better time to start ramping up your mileage. Many of us will be signing up for a 1/2 or full marathon and perhaps some of you are even considering signing up for your very first high mileage race.
Whether you have already signed up or are scoping out the possibilities, check out the list of the “Top 10 Marathons and 1/2 Marathons in the U.S.” plus the “Top 10 tips every marathoner or 1/2 marathoner should know“.
TOP 10 U.S. MARATHONS:
- New York City
- Walt Disney World
- San Diego Rock and Roll
- Marine Corps
- St. George
TOP 10 U.S. HALF MARATHONS:
- Walt Disney World
- San Francisco
- Naples Daily News
- 3M Half
- New Bedford Half
- Colonial Half
- Canyon Lands
- Caesar Rodney Half
- Race to Robie Creek
- Kentucky Derby
TOP 10 MARATHON & 1/2 MARATHON TRAINING TIPS:
- Invest in good running shoes
- Strength Train/Cross Train
- Invest in a foam roller and use it
- Invest in Body Glide
- Respect the training plan (16-18 weeks – gradual mileage increase)
- Sleep – get 7 – 8 hours
- Respect the training plan rest days
- Good sports bra (women)
- Nip Guards or bandaids (men)
- Invest in Dri-fit / Wicking clothing…remember in running “cotton is rotten”
If you would like a training plan, nutritional advice or just want help getting stronger and staying injury free during your marathon or half marathon training, we can help!
Contact us at: 678-417-0880 ext 8301 / firstname.lastname@example.org
September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and there are many local activities that are coming up to raise money and awareness.
A local business man, Michael Gossling, and his wife June, have set up a foundation in honor of their 2 year old son, Grant, who was diagnosed in June 2014 with cancer. “Granting Grace Foundation” (which is a non-profit organization) will be hosting a Golf Tournament on October 12th benefiting Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Their mission: “Supporting organizations that further pediatric cancer research working toward a cure and supporting families dealing with childhood cancer.”
100% of the proceeds from the tournament go directly into the foundation and several local businesses have sponsored the event as well, some of which are Atlanta Personal Fitness (Duluth, GA); Big Peach Running Company (Suwanee, GA) and Waffle House (who will be providing breakfast).
For more information about the golf tournament or to donate please visit www.grantinggracefoundation.org, their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/graceforgrant or email them at email@example.com
Also, coming up this weekend at Suwanee Town Center is the Suwanee Fest Classic. Runners in this year’s races are being encouraged to dress in superhero attire to honor those touched by childhood cancer. It takes place this Saturday, September 13,and will include a 1K fun run, 5K race, and 10K race. The 5K will begin at 7:30 a.m. with the 10K start slated for 8:30 a.m. and the 1K fun run takes off at 8:35 a.m. Online registration is available at active.com or there is race day registration on Saturday starting at 6 a.m. The fee for each race is noted below:
- 1K – $25
- 5K – $33
- 10K – $38
- 5K & 10K combo – $43
Registered runners may pick up race packets at a runners expo from 4:30-7:30 p.m. Friday, September 12, at Suwanee City Hall or beginning at 6 a.m. on race day at Town Center Park.
So what better time to get out there, be active, as well as support a great cause!
3 PERSONAL TRAINING SESSIONS $45.00
(value $135 – 66% savings)
What you need to know:
- 3 – 45 minute one-on-one personal training sessions
- Must purchase by September 30, 2014
- New clients only
- Limit one special per person
- All 3 sessions must be used within 1 year after purchase
- We are a personal training studio
- No membership fees / No contracts
- Flexible scheduling
- Non-intimidating environment
- Every member of our training team is a certified professional trainer who is on time and focused on your goals
- Our Mission: To provide inexpensive, convenient and enjoyable personal training and coaching programs that revolutionize lifestyles into ones that are healthier and more energized
Contact us today to get started
678-417-0880 ext 8301 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk into any fitness center on any given day and you are bound to see a room full of people with headphones in their ears, bobbing their heads and sometimes even singing out loud. If you are smiling and nodding your head now, you will be happy to know it is a scientific fact that music can indeed enhance your workout.
5 Reasons to Listen to Music While You Workout:
1) Music is the “good” kind of distraction: While listening to music, your body is less aware of how much your body is exerting and can benefit athletic performance by 15%. The more upbeat the music the better but not too fast. 120 – 140 beats for working out and 160 – 180 beats for running is recommended.
2) Music puts you in “The Zone”: Most everyone has that go-to “power song” that gets them motivated and in the zone. Scientists have shown the memory channeling of certain songs boosts motivational power in the brain and actually improves physical performance.
3) A good beat can help you keep pace and rhythm: Time signals from the rhythm of your music aids in self pacing during running and weight lifting. When your brain registers these signals it helps you use your energy more efficiently and evenly.
4) Music can elevate your mood: No matter what is going on in your life music can help you escape negative thoughts and give you the boost you need to get through your workout. Music tricks the brains endorphins to kick in to calm and motivate.
5) Music makes you want to move: Not motivated to workout? Can’t seem to get going? It is almost impossible to sit still when you hear a good song. The brain gets excited, you start tapping your foot, swaying and begin to move almost involuntary. Even if you were dreading your workout before, you are suddenly moving and motivated.
So whether you are in to Mozart to Mo-town or Top 40 to Techno, whatever your music preference is, power up your workout and turn up the tunes.