Summer is around the corner, the mercury is rising and the temperatures are already reaching 80+. With the great weather comes outdoor fun and exercise but unfortunately it can also bring along with it dehydration.
No matter how many times a day you tell yourself that drinking water is the best way to stay healthy and hydrated, sometimes you still feel bored and feel the need to grab that unhealthy sugary drink or soda. Not only is that a quick addition to your caloric daily intake, many of these sodas and sugary drinks also have caffeine which can also attribute to dehydration.
Luckily for you, just in time for summer, we have some great alternatives to sodas, sugary drinks as well as plain, boring water. Summer is the time when fruits and herbs are at their peak of taste and freshness so what better time to try out some of these fruit-infused waters. Crush your sweet cravings as well as keep your body hydrated by trying out these 7 amazing recipes:
- Blueberry & Orange Water: http://www.thepeachkitchen.com/2013/07/blueberry-%E2%99%A5-orange-water-infuse-your-water/
- Strawberry, Lime, Cucumber & Mint Water: http://backtoherroots.com/2014/04/11/strawberry-lime-cucumber-and-mint-water/
- Strawberry, Lemon & Basil Water: http://natashaskitchen.com/2013/06/15/naturally-flavored-water/
- Watermelon & Mint Water: http://eat-drink-love.com/2014/05/fruit-infused-water/
- Rosemary & Grapefruit Water: http://kojo-designs.com/2013/03/new-detox-water-recipes/
- Strawberry, Lemon & Basil Water: http://shewhoeats.blogspot.com/2012/08/mostly-water-with-hint-of-summer-flavors.html
- Blueberry & Lavender Water: http://www.melissas.com/Articles.asp?ID=564
Certified Personal Trainer & Fitness Nutritionist
Bodyrich Fitness Company:
678.417.0880 ext. 8301 / email@example.com